I know I technically have one more day in the year, but a good friend is in town for tonight and tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be much writing done. The good news is, I have actually written stuff. Stuff I don't want to burn my laptop to remove from the world. It's an odd feeling.
First up, is a super self indulgent Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash fic.
I have the whole thing sort of outlined. It's getting the characters to have the proper emotions and, you know, be in character that is giving me nightmares and stress headaches. I don't wanna spoil stuff, but it's a fic that I'm told needs a romance tag. I kinda want to see if I can write it without everyone wanting to tear my feathers out. Because it's very much not a story I'd think I'd ever write.
The second is an inane bit of SunLight silliness.
In this one Twilight (EqG) being unable to completely come to grips with basic facts of Equestrian orbital mechanics. Namely, that there aren't any :V. I apologize in advanced for being late to this party, but it's probably going to be a meaningless little SoL where I can drop some random world building and get told how wrong I am about The Way Things Work. It's cool. I'd probably have written this a long time ago if [i]Equestria Girls[/i] had been better executed. Seriously, they really need to figure out who was responsible for [i]Rainbow Rocks[/i] and put them in charge of more stuff.
While my writing output has been fairly atrocious, even given the whole holidays thing, I have had quite a few halfway decent art endeavors. I got two things posted to DA this month, and someone at EQD thought they were nice enough to feature. I posted one earlier today, and the other a while back.
Here they are again because I'd rather just link them here instead of finding older blog posts Buy Some (*^(*&%( ApplesFire Chicken
I also did
but neglected to finish the background ever. Link goes to tumblr. It's not all SFW art. I did a few NSFW things over there this month, but nothing good.
I could post resolutions, but we all know how often those are kept. So instead, here's some intentions for 2018.
- Finish Semper Amare and this SunLight filth. Proving I can write while I still have to go to work will be nice.
- Learn to draw bipeds. If I have to stoop to anthro horses, I guess that's a sacrifice I'll have to make.
- Get my AU rewrite of s8e13 done. Because that episode rubbed me the wrong way so hard.
- Ship Applejack(EgQ) and Sunset Shimmer. Because AJ really wants to F*** a pony.
- Start real work on my old adventure/ship/changeling fic. I've got the worldbuilding fairly solid, but where to start is still a mystery XD
- Relax and try to stop worry about how good or bad a pile of sentence is until I've gotten it into a state where it can be edited. Write first: worry later.
- Get Ponyfinder + Path of War + Spheres of Power + Spheres of Might rules into a place where someone might actually want to see/use it. Nothing to do with MLP, but fuckit, it's a goal.
- Pinkiedash moar awesomer
- Spike said this one better